“Ron Jones came out and gave us a quote and explained the whole painting process in detail which was great because we had never been through it before. We had decided to change the color of the house and Ron assisted us with picking colors for the house and the trim/shutters. Ron had an outstanding carpenter out to replace our rotted cedar boards. Once that was complete, his crew power washed, scraped, primed, and then painted.”
“His crew was professional and friendly to deal with and very respectful of our home. They were excellent painters. Ron was on site daily to check in with us on the progress they had made that day. Ron meticulously inspected the house daily and when the job was complete we did a final walk-through to make sure we were satisfied. Our home has a totally different look and looks AWESOME!” “I would recommend Ron Jones and his company Guy Painting to anyone. He was professional, meticulous, and very affordable and I would use Guy Painting again in a heartbeat.”
Chris D. From Carmel
Earns Esteemed 2014
Angie’s List Super Service Award
Award reflects company’s consistently high level of customer service
Guy Painting has earned the service industry’s coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award, reflecting an exemplary year of service provided to members of the local services marketplace and consumer review site in 2014.
“Only about 5 percent of the Exterior Painting companies in the Indianapolis area have performed so consistently well enough to earn Super Service Award,” said Angie’s List Founder Angie Hicks. “It’s a really high standard.”
Angie’s List Super Service Award 2014 winners have met strict eligibility requirements, which include an “A” rating in overall grade, recent grade, and review period grade; the company must be in good standing with Angie’s List, pass a background check and abide by Angie’s List operational guidelines.
Guy Painting Receives 2014 Best of Indianapolis Award
Indianapolis Award Program Honors the Achievement
INDIANAPOLIS July 3, 2014 — Guy Painting has been selected for the 2014 Best of Indianapolis Award in the Interior Residential Painting Contractor category by the Indianapolis Award Program.
Each year, the Indianapolis Award Program identifies companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and our community. These exceptional companies help make the Indianapolis area a great place to live, work and play.
Various sources of information were gathered and analyzed to choose the winners in each category. The 2014 Indianapolis Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the Indianapolis Award Program and data provided by third parties.
Ron, Owner of Guy Painting, met the Donaldson’s at the at the Indianapolis Home Show this spring and scheduled to give them an painting quote. They got a few quote and choose Guy Painting. After wood was replaced, several colors were tried on, and a color combination was agreed upon, the home was professionally prepped and painted. The results look Fantastic!
Few home improvements are as noticeably refreshing as a new coat of paint. Painting can transform the look of your home inside and out in a few simple brush strokes.
With an exterior paint job, a professional is likely to be your best choice because the project likely will require scaling the roof and sides of your home. Working on ladders and handling painting chemicals and solvents can be dangerous, and some homes built before 1978 may be covered in lead-based paint.
When you’re ready to hire a professional, consider the following tips:
Get a painter’s estimate in writing
- Obtain an estimate based on the painter’s survey of your home. The contractor should visit your home and you should walk him or her through every aspect of the job.This is a good time to be specific about colors (you can obtain samples from many manufacturers’ paints at hardware and home improvement stores) and to ask for professional opinions.
Research the painter’s references
- Once you’ve found a few prospective painters on Kudzu.com, make sure each is licensed and insured. You also will want to check references. In your research, don’t trust photos. Most are taken from too far away to reveal brush strokes or squiggly lines. Ask for contacts on projects similar to yours. Look at projects that are at least three years old. You’ll want to find out whether the materials and colors the contractor used have held over time and weathered the elements gracefully.
Be specific about expectations in the painter’s contract
- Specify the work that will be done, the estimated completion time, and the total cost and payment schedule. Also, include the paint manufacturer’s name, color, grade, gloss, base, where the paints will be used, and how many coats will be applied. Also, be sure the contract specifies that a primer will be applied. The contract should state that the painter will clean up after the job is complete and remove excess paint from floors, ceilings, and windows. Beware of a contractor who uses phrases such as “surfaces prepared,” for example. The contract should instead spell out how the surfaces will be prepared — for example a power wash, bleach solution, disk sanding and caulk in any gaps.
- Painting can make a big mess, which is why the contractor should agree to return the area to its original state. The company should specify in its contract that it uses drop cloths and that it protects landscaping.
Paying your painting contractor
- Experts recommend paying for the job in thirds. Your contractor should receive a deposit of less than 10 percent when you first sign the contract, a third of the remainder in the middle of the project, and the remaining balance when the job is complete and all materials have been cleared. One last tip: if you live in a neighborhood with a homeowner’s association, be sure to check with them to ensure that they approve the color. You wouldn’t want to have to pay to have your home repainted.
Now you know a Guy!
Since you’re already here, if you are in the Indianapolis area, give Guy Painting a chance to earn your business. We run our business using the standards you see above. We provide references, including projects from your own neighborhood, detail all the work that will be done in our contract — including that all-important prep work and cleanup, and we won’t be finished until you are satisfied.
“Ron, Thank you and everyone at Guy Painting for a fantastic experience, we had a lot of work done to this old house since we bought her, and you were the easiest, fastest, and most dependable of them all. I wish all home improvements went to easy. I will recommend you every chance I get.”
Dave J from Greenwood